Saturday, December 22, 2007

Night time surprises

Last night I went to my grandchildren's Christmas concert at our church. Afterwards I enjoyed two cups of coffee and some delicious cookies and other desserts. It was really exciting and lots of fun. I was still pretty wired when I got home, but I thought it was just the excitement of all the great music and the crowd of people who stayed to visit and talk afterward. When I got home (fairly early) I took care of some little jobs in the kitchen and caught up with my e-mail, all pretty routine, and went to bed. It was really hard to get to sleep, but I finally nodded off. However I woke up about 3:30 WIDE awake. Okay, I thought, maybe all I have to do is go to the bathroom and try again. No Luck. So I decided to just stay upl I made a pot of decaf and emptied the dishwasher, cleaned up the kitchen and made lists of what I needed to do. I decided to check on whether the newspaper had come so went out the front door and there I noticed two packages right there on my doorstep. Those UPS folks are really working overtime, as I know that there was nothing there when I went to bed. Oh lucky me, it was two packages from Wanda with two of my favorite things: cashews and WILD RICE! Christmas is now complete. I stashed the wild rice for special treatment, but started right in on the nuts. Even though I had by then switched to decaf, I was still energized, so I had breakfast over by 6 am and a batch of bread started. I guess last night's jolt of caffeine really had me going all day. It is amazing what I got done. What is funny is that I really never wound down. And I can only hope that I have a normal night tonight. Anyway, Wanda, thanks for the goodies! They are heavenly.

No comments: