Thursday, March 20, 2008

Fun at the Equinox

Today is the Vernal Equinox, the only day of the year when you can stand eggs on end. I have even had the experience of standing a whole bunch of eggs and leaving them for several days when I went out of town and found most still standing when I got back. My mom taught me this trick years ago. Most people don't believe it, but here is living proof. I don't know if it works with cooked eggs, but I think I may try that also. One year I tried it at the Tropic of Cancer when I was traveling and couldn't get it to work, so maybe it has to be in northern lattitudes. It takes patience, but once you get the hang of it, it is rewarding fun.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

DandeLion Soup said...

Last year, someone popped my bubble and informed me that you can balance eggs on any day of the year. To prove them wrong, I did some research and found out that, indeed, I was wrong.

http://www.snopes.com/science/equinox.asp